ASK A QUESTION
ENCYCLOPEDIAS & DICTIONARIES
- Access to more than 7,100 articles, 115,000 definitions, 2,000 biographies, and research advances in science and technology.
American National Biography Online
- Biographies for more than 17,400 men and women whose lives shaped the U.S.
CQ (Congressional Quarterly) Global Researcher
- Snapshot of current pressing global issues with single-topic reports written by journalists.
- Biographical and bibliographical information and references on more than 120,000 novelists, poets, playwrights, non-fiction writers, journalists, and scriptwriters.
- Descriptions and analysis of the historical setting and social, economic, political, and national security systems and institutions of countries.
- Digital reference library that contains 100 high-quality reference books - encyclopedias, thesauri, dictionaries, and books of quotations.
Dictionary of Literary Biography
- More than 16,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of the world's most influential literary figures from all eras and genres.
- Includes all Britannica articles and the Merriam-Webster Collegiate Dictionary.
Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Biographies of distinguished Muslims of every era and origin, tribes and dynasties, crafts and sciences, political and religious institutions, and the geography, ethnography, flora and fauna of countries with significant Islamic populations.
Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
- Comprehensive encyclopedia dealing with all disciplines broadly defined as "life sciences."
Encyclopedia of Religion
- The second edition of the most comprehensive resource treating the full spectrum of religious studies..
Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Digital reference collection for history, medicine, religion, and the social sciences.
International Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences
- Highlights fields that have emerged since the publication of the original international edition and the expanding influence of economics in social science research.
Johns Hopkins Guide to Literary Theory and Criticism
- An overview of the major landmarks of criticism from classical antiquity to the present.
Legal Research (Lexis-Nexis)
- Legal resources, including law reviews, state and federal case law, patent law, and law school directories.
MedlinePlus Health Information
- Up-to-date health care information, selected by the U.S. National Library of Medicine for use by healthcare consumers and health professionals. Hundreds of health topics are listed alphabetically and in 32 groups.
- A collection of digitized Moody's corporate manuals, dating from 1909.
New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
- This encyclopedic dictionary is a comprehensive topical starting point for research in economics.
Nineteenth Century Masterfile
- Provides major indexing and information sources for nineteenth century research. Contains full indexing of the New York Times from 1863 to 1905.
OED (Oxford English Dictionary)
- The complete text of the OED's second edition and draft material from the current OED project.
Oxford Language Dictionaries Online
- Multi-language resources that offers comprehensive bilingual dictionaries, as well as study materials that provide extra help with learning and using an expanding range of languages.
Oxford Music Online
- A new gateway that offers users the ability to access and cross-search Grove Music Online, the Encyclopedia of Popular Music, The Oxford Companion to Music, and the Oxford Dictionary of Music.
Oxford Reference Online
- The largest and most authoritative resource, with almost 2 million words and phrases from Oxford's dictionaries. Note: We do not subscribe to all content.
Readers' Guide Full Text Mega
- Indexing of 500 of the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States (covers 1983-present).
Readers' Guide Retrospective
- Indexing of 500 of the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States during the 20th century (1890-1982).
Thomas Register of American Manufacturers
- Information on 155,000 companies, 60,000 product & service classification headings, and 124,000 brand names. Note: Access is free but requires individual registration to search.
- Bibliographic information on journals, magazines, and newspapers.
- Includes the contents of the most recent editions of the World Almanac and Book of Facts, the World Almanac of the U.S.A., the World Almanac of U.S. Politics, and the World Almanac for Kids.