SOC 480: Sociology of Law
- Encyclopedia of Law & Society: American and Global Perspectives 3 vols.
- Ref Balcony K 583 .E53 2007
- Oxford Companion to American Law
- Ref Balcony KF 156 .O94 2002
- The Supreme Court Compendium: Data, Decisions, and Developments, 4th Ed.
- Ref Balcony KF 8742 .S914 2007
- Guide to the U. S. Supreme Court, 5th Ed. 2 vols.
- Ref Balcony KF 8742 .W567 2011
COURT CASES & LAW REVIEWS
Westlaw, Campus Research
Research service, includes: thousands of news databases arranged geographically and topically; hundreds of newswires as well as business, trade and professional journals and publications; and superior law-related resources, including both primary law and analysis.
US Supreme Court Web Site
Provides electronic access to recent Court opinions and information about the workings of the Court.
Law Library of Congress
Provides access to court cases, legal information, and legislative resources - from the Library of Congress.
Legal Periodicals Full Text
Indexes articles from 620 legal journals, yearbooks, institutes, bar associations, law reviews, and government publications originating in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. Includes book reviews. Covers August 1981 to the present. Link will launch OmniFile Full Text Mega. Choose database from Subject Area.
- Legal Research (Lexis-Nexis)
- Legal resources, including full text of law reviews, state and federal case law, patent law, and
law school directories. For Mac Users - Please use Safari or Google Chrome as your browser.
Comprehensive database of over 1,800 academic journals in sociology, social work, and other
- United States Reports
- Ref Balcony JK 1561 .U5 (555 volumes so far)
The official final compilation of all U. S. Supreme Court cases, from the beginning to the present.
Last updated: 2/2/12 tk,
contact Tom Karel, Collection Development Librarian, for assistance, 291-3845 or firstname.lastname@example.org