IST 175: Global Issues, Global Changes
Use reference sources to get ideas for topics, to get background
information, and to guide you to additional information.
- Encyclopedia of Conflicts Since World War II
- REF D 843 .E46 2007
- Encyclopedia of Modern Ethnic Conflicts
- REF GN 496 .E56 2003
- World Poverty
- REF HC 79 .P6 W47 2008
- Encyclopedia of the Global Economy : a Guide For Students and Researchers
- REF HF 1359 .O28 2006
- The Greenwood Encyclopedia of Women's Issues Worldwide
- REF HQ 1115 .G74 2003
- Women's Roles and Statuses the World Over
- REF HQ 1236 .H46 2006
- Encyclopedia of World Poverty
- REF HV 12 .E54 2006 Vols 1-3
- Encyclopedia of Human Rights Issues Since 1945
- REF Balcony JC 571 .L2747 1999
- Amnesty International Report 2008: The State of the World's Human Rights
- REF Balcony JC 571 .L571 .A44 2008
- Human Rights Watch World Report 2009: Events of 2008
- REF Balcony JC 571 .L571 .H785 2009
- Human Rights Encyclopedia
- REF Balcony JC 571 .L523 2001
- Encyclopedia of Globalization
- REF Balcony JZ 1318 .E63 2007
- Annual Review of Global Peace
- REF Balcony JZ 6374 .C25 2009
- Female Genital Mutilation : a Guide to Laws and Policies
- REF Balcony K 5304 .F46 2000
- The Practical Guide to Humanitarian Law
- REF Balcony KZ 6471 .B6813 2007
- Encyclopedia of Global Health
- SCI REF RA 441 .E53 2008
Country Reports on Human Rights Practices (U.S. Department of State)
Encyclopedia of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity
F&M LIBRARY CATALOG & E-Z BORROW: BOOKS
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals, newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
[Requires your F&M ID barcode number.]
A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get the book quickly!
INDEXES & ARTICLE COLLECTIONS
- Business Source Premier
- A comprehensive business research database, providing full text access for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed business publications and over 8,000 other periodicals. Covers marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics. Detailed profiles of 10,000 companies are included. Updated daily.
- CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)
- A comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs. It publishes a wide range of scholarship from 1991 onward that includes working papers from university research institutes, occasional papers series from NGOs, foundation-funded research projects, proceedings from conferences, books, journals and policy briefs.
- General Science Full Text
- Journals and magazines from the U.S. and Great Britain, covering all major scientific fields.
Indexing from 1984 to present, abstracting from 1993 to present.
- Historical Abstracts
- Comprehensive international historical coverage (excluding the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to
the present. Covers abstracts from 1955 to the present.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years. Choose PRINT from within JStor to print articles at proper margin settings. You may need to go to SET PREFERENCES to select desired Printing preferences. Choose PDF: Economy. Call the Reference Desk (x4217) or Ask Andy for assistance.
- Lexis Nexis Academic
- Connections to newspaper articles (including New York Times and Washington Post), business information (including SEC filings), and legal resources (including state and federal case law).
- PAIS International
- Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS) is an index to policy-oriented literature (books, journal articles and U.S. and foreign government documents). International coverage of information about political,
economic and social issues and events in specific countries. Covers 1972 to the present.
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Covers 1983 to the present.
JOURNALS, MAGAZINES & NEWSPAPERS, INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL)
To determine whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal, use the
Journals feature on the
Library's web site. If the library does not have a journal you need, and you have at least 1
week - 10 days before your assignment is due, you can submit an
Interlibrary Loan: request
journal articles & books (ILL) request to have the journal article acquired or you by
the library. Allow 3-7 days for the article to arrive.
If you have any questions, concerns, etc., please contact:
Pam Snelson, College Librarian,
291-3896 or email@example.com<
Last updated: 10/09 jb,ps