FND 172: Understanding Terrorism
- Political violence and terrorism in modern America
- REF HN 90 .V5 H49 2005
- Historical dictionary of terrorism
- REF HV 6431 .A537 2002
- Encyclopedia of world terrorism
- REF HV 6431 .E53 2003
- Talking terrorism : a dictionary of the loaded language of political violence
- REF HV 6431 .H455 2003
- Terrorism : a guide to events and documents
- REF HV 6431 .K698 2004
- The Sage Encyclopedia of terrorism
- REF HV 6431 .K883 2011
- Terrorism, 1988-1991; 1992-1995; 1996-2001; 2002-2004
- REF HV 6431 .M49__ a 4 volume set
- Patterns of global terrorism 1985-2005 : U.S. Department of State reports
- REF HV 6431 .P3773 2005
- Terrorism : essential primary sources
- REF HV 6431 .T465 2006
- Terrorism : a documentary and reference guide
- REF HV 6432 .B87 2005
- International terrorism : a bibliography
- REF Z 7164.T3 L34 1986
Finding BOOKS at F&M and Beyond
Search the F&M Library Catalog to discover what books, journals, reference resources, newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., to which the
library provides access. Click on the Books & More tab on the library web site to access the catalog.
to discover books on your topic held by libraries all over the planet!
Use E-Z Borrow
(a regional, expedited book-exchange service) if F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, or if we do not own the desired book.
[Requires your F&M ID barcode number.]
ARTICLES and JOURNALS at F&M and Beyond
CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)
A comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs. CIAO features a wide range of scholarship in various forms--
working papers from university research institutes, occasional papers series from NGOs, foundation-funded research projects, proceedings from conferences, books,
journals and policy briefs. Publication dates range from 1991 to the present.
A substantial collection of scholarly journal literature in the humanities, social sciences and sciences. Publication dates range from the nineteenth-century
to the mid-2000s.
The New York Times, 1851-mid 2000s
- The New York Times (Historical) offers full page and article images with searchable full text back to the first issue. The collection includes digital reproductions
providing access to every page from every available issue.
Public Affairs Information Service (PAIS) is an international index to policy-oriented literature (e.g. political, economic, social) in many forms--books, journal articles,
U.S. and non-U.S. government documents, etc. Publication dates range from the early 1900s to the present.
A contemporary scholarly journal collection featuring content from the humanities and social sciences. Publication dates range from the mid 1990s to the present.
Social Sciences (Full Text)
An index and partial article collection of journals in anthropology, economics, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, and other related fields.
Publication dates range from 1983 to the present.
Social Science Citation Index
- Part of the "Web of Knowledge's Web of Science," this resource indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, political science,
psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Includes both Abstracts and Full Text Articles. Publication dates range from the 1960s to present.
JOURNALS, MAGAZINES & NEWSPAPERS @ F&M and INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL)
To determine if the F&M Library provides access to a particular journal, magazine or newspaper, use the Journal Finder
on the Library's web site. If the library does not provide access to what you need, and you have at least 1 week to 10 days before your assignment
is due, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan request to have the journal
item acquired for you by the library. Allow 3-5 business days for the item to arrive.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: "THINK-TANKS"
Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
Center for Strategic and International Studies
American Enterprise Institute
Council on Foreign Relations
If you have any questions, would like further assistance, etc, contact:
Lisa Stillwell, Information Literacy Librarian,
Last updated: 10/12 ls
717-291-3844 or firstname.lastname@example.org