FND 149: Life on Mars?
Databases and Article Collections for Research Papers 1 and 2
- Full access to more than 7100 articles, 115,000 definitions, 2,000 biographies, and research advances in science and technology. Updated daily.
- Biological Abstracts
- A comprehensive reference database covering life sciences journal literature. Covers 2003 to the present.
- Searchable full text aggregation of more than forty bioscience research journals. The titles are published by scholarly societies and have formerly been available in print. Access to individual journal titles can also be found on the Biology "by Subject" page.
- General Science Full Text
- Journals and magazines from the U.S. and Great Britain, covering all major scientific fields. Indexing from 1984 to present, abstracting from 1993 to present. Includes some full text.Corresponding print title is General Science Index.
- More than 500,000 records covering international literature on geology, geography, and ecology. Covers 1980 to present.
- Web of Science (ISI)
- The Institute of Scientific Information's premier citation databases in the physical, life, and social sciences. Search for articles that cite a known author or work or by standard search queries. Covers 1965 to the present.
Additional Resources for Research Paper 2
- Business Source Premier
- A comprehensive business research database, providing full text access for more than 1,100 peer-reviewed business publications and over 8,000 other periodicals. Covers marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics. Detailed profiles of 10,000 companies are included. Updated daily.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 1500 scholarly journals considered primary representatives of their disciplines. The General Science, Biological Sciences and Ecology sections are expecially relevant. Select Advanced Searchto strategically amongst 45 disciplines. Choose PDF from within JStor to properly view and print articles.
- Lexis Nexis Academic
- Connections to newspaper articles (including New York Times and Washington Post), business information (including SEC filings), and legal resources (including state and federal case law).
- Philosopher's Index
- The comprehensive scholarly database covering book and journals since 1940 in philosophy.
- Indexes and abstracts over 800 English-language periodicals in all subject areas, and provides the full-text of all the articles.
Useful Services from the College Library
Last updated: 9/18/09 sv contact Ask Us at 291-4217 or Scott Vine at 291/3840 for
- InterLibrary Loan
- Request articles, books and other resources from other institutions.
- Ask Andy (research assistance)
- In the left column, email, chat or text a reference librarian for help, or make a research appointment.