FND 140: Informed Opinions
- Try a variety of subject headings including: weapons of mass destruction, military weapons,
Indexes, Abstracts and Full Text Resources
CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)
A comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs. Includes full-text of articles,
proceedings from conferences, books, journals, and policy briefs.
General Science Full Text
Journals and magazines from the U.S. and Great Britain, covering all major scientific fields. Indexing from 1984 to present, abstracting from 1993 to present.
Connections to full-text newspaper articles from US and international papers, news magazines,
business publications, and legal resources. Coverage goes back at least 20 years for most titles.
Comprehensive subject index to periodical articles, books, government publications, and reports
relating to economic and social conditions, public administration and global relations. 1914 to the
Social Sciences Full Text
Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Includes both Abstracts and Full Text Articles. Covers 1983 to the present.
- Bulletin of the atomic scientists
- Available from 1999-present, 1994-present and 1945-1998
GPO's Federal Digital System (FDsys) provides public access to Government information submitted by Congress and Federal agencies and preserved as technology changes.
Congressional Committee Hearings
Provides links to the full text of the transcripts of selected House and Senate committee hearings, 1995 to the present.
GPO Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
An index for federal publications that provides direct links to those documents that are available online. Covers July 1976 to the present.
Thomas (Legislative Information from the Library of Congress)
A major source for finding bills, public laws, and other congressional materials.
- Federation of American Scientists
- Global Security Organization
- U.S. Department of State
- International Atomic Energy Agency
- U.S. Energy Information Administration
Reference Sources - International Relations
- Encyclopedia of Arms Control and Disarmament 3 vols.
- Ref. Balcony JX 1974 .E57 1993
- Encyclopedia of International Relations and Global Politics
- Ref. Balcony JZ 1160 .E53 2005
- Greenwood Encyclopedia of International Relations 4 vols.
- Ref. Balcony JZ 1160 .N65 2002
- International Law: A dictionary
- Ref. Balcony KZ 1161 . B63 2005
- Encyclopedia of the United Nations and International Agreements, 3rd Ed. 4 vols.
- Ref. Balcony KZ 4968 .O84 2003
- Strategic Survey
- U 162 .S77 2011 - most recent edition in Reference
- Weapons of Mass Destruction: An Encyclopedia of Worldwide Policy, Technology, and History 2 vols.
- Ref. U 793 .W427 2005
Vol. 1 - Chemical and Biological Weapons; Vol. 2 - Nuclear Weapons
- Military Balance
- UA 15 .L65 2010 - most recent edition in Reference
- World Armaments, Disarmament and National Security: SIPRI yearbook
- UA 10 .S69A 2010 - most recent edition in Reference
Reference Sources - Country Information
- Europa Year Book
- Ref. Desk D2 .E8 2011 2 vols. - older editions in the stacks
- The Contemporary Middle East: A Documentary History
- Ref. DS 42 .F44 2008
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East and North Africa 4 vols.
- Ref. DS 43 .E53 2004
- Middle East and North Africa 2010
- Ref. DS 49 .M5 2010
- Iran Today: An Encyclopedia of Life in the Islamic Republic 2 vols.
- Ref. DS 253 .I69 2008
- Historical Dictionary of Iran, 2nd Ed.
- Ref. DS 270 .L67 2007
Reference Sources - Science Information
Searches work on the F&M network. Use VPN to connect from off-campus.
Oxford Reference Online
Encyclopedia Britannica Online
Full access to more than 7100 articles, 115,000 definitions, 2,000 biographies, and research
advances in science and technology. Updated daily.
Last updated: 2/1/12 tk
contact Laura Eiford (291-3843) OR Tom Karel (291-3845) for assistance