BIO 375: Genetics and the Regulation of Gene Expression
Franklin & Marshall Library Catalog
- Excellent starting point to find book and periodical resources found in the F&M libraries. Try
searching keywords like genetics, gene expression, epigenetics, genetic techniques, and gene protocols.
- WorldCat allows you to search for books in libraries around the world (nearly 60 million records).
After you find a book, get it through E-Z Borrow (book)
or Interlibrary Loan (ILL) (articles).
Searchable full-text access to annual reviews in the biomedical, physical, and social sciences.
Tables of contents from 1984 to 1994.
Full text and abstracts from 1995 to date.
- Selected list of related Annual Reviews
Annual Review of Cell and Developmental Biology
Annual Review of Genetics
Annual Review of Genomics and Human Genetics
Annual Review of Ecology, Evolution and Systematics
Primary Literature Databases
Over 2.9 million records covering every major agricultural subject. Compiled by the National Agricultural Library of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Covers 1970 to the present.
An independent publishing house committed to providing immediate free access to peer-reviewed biomedical research.
Searchable full text aggregation of more than 160 bioscience research journals. The titles are published by scholarly societies and have formerly been available in print. Access to individual journal titles can also be found on the E-Journal Portal.
A collection of full-text articles from over 1500 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years. Select Advanced Search to strategically search amongst 45 disciplines. Choose PDF from within JStor to properly view and print articles. For convenience, JStor can be added to Facebook.
MEDLINE provides access to over 18 million citations, from 5,400 journals back to 1947 in all areas of medicine, including dentistry and nursing.
- PubMed provides access to over 20 million citations including biomedical literature, life science journals, online books, and other NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) resources. Try LigerCat to begin your search.
Web of Science (ISI)
The Institute of Scientific Information's premier citation databases in the physical,
life, and social sciences. Search for articles that cite a known author or work or by standard
search queries. Covers 1991 to the present.
Additional journals are available through the Journal Finder tab of the Library Homepage. If you cannot find your journal through the Journal Finder, you may be able to get it through ILL.
- American Journal of Human Genetics from 1949 to 6 months ago
- Bioinformatics from 1998 to present and Bioinformatics from 1996 to 1 year ago
- Briefings in Bioinformatics from 2000 to present
- Cancer Research from 1941 to present
- Cancer Reviews Online from 2003 to present
- Cell Online from 1995 to 12 months ago. Current issues in PRINT.
- Current Topics in Developmental Biology - PRINT from 1966 to present
- Development from 1987 to present
- Developmental Biology - PRINT from 1959 to present
- DNA Research from 1994 to present
- Evolution and Development from 1999 to present
- Genetics from 1916 to present
- Genome Research from 08/01/1991 to present
- Human Molecular Genetics from 1996 to present
- In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology from 1985 to 1993
- In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology Animal from 1993 to 4 years ago and In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology Animal from 2000 to 2008
- In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology Plant from 1991 to 4 years ago and In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology Plant from 2003 to 2008
- Journal of Heredity from 1996 to present
- Mutagenesis from 1996 to present
Nature from 1997.
Nature Genetics from 1992.
Nature Reviews Genetics from 2007 to present.
- Nucleic Acids Research from 1974 to present
- P.L.O.S. Genetics
Science from 1960-1996 and
Science from 1997 to present
- Trends in Biochemical Sciences - PRINT from 1976 to present
- Trends in Genetics - PRINT from 1987 to present
- Drosophila melanogaster - Flybase
- Caenorhabditis elegans - Wormbase and Wormatlas
- Arabidopsis thaliana - TAIR
- Yeast - Saccharomyces Genome Database
- Mouse - Mouse Genome Informatics Database
- Human - Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man
- NCBI - National Center for Biotechnology Information
- A national resource for molecular biology information which provides catalogs of literature, gene and nucleotide sequences, and several tools.
Searches authoritative U.S. government science information including R&D.
Last updated: 1/11 le, contact Laura Eiford for assistance, 291-3843.