ANT 258: People and Cultures of East Asia
Use reference sources to get ideas for topics, to get background information, and to guide you to
- Brill's Encyclopedia of China
- REF DS755 .B86 2009
- Encyclopedia of Modern China. 4 volumes
- REF DS755. E53 2009
- Japan Encyclopedia
- REF DS821 .F73 2002
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Japanese Culture
- REF DS822.5 .E516 2002
- The Koreas : A Global Studies Handbook
- REF DS902 .C65 2002
- Historical Dictionary of the Republic of Korea
- REF DS904.8 .N34 2004
- The Greenwood Encyclopedia of World Popular Culture, Volume 6: Asia and Pacific Oceania
- REF HM621 .G74 2007 v.6
F&M LIBRARY CATALOG and E-Z BORROW
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals,
newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the library owns.
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
To find a book, begin by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or research question and break it down into its key concepts,
which becomes the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks useful, click on a Subject Heading to
retrieve other items with similar content.
- The OCLC Online Union Catalog. Nearly 60 million records of many types of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries around the world.
- E-Z BORROW
- A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania and neighboring
states. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get
the book quickly! (Requires your F&M ID barcode number.)
INDEXES AND ARTICLE COLLECTIONS
Available from the Library web page under Articles: access an A to Z List of our databases. Browse the entire list
to find databases relevant to your particular topic. The databases listed below are most likely to
- Anthropology Plus
- This resource is the combination of Anthropology Index and Anthropological Literature. Provides extensive worldwide indexing of journal articles, reports, commentaries, edited works, and obituaries
in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary studies. Covers over 2500 journals, 19th
century to the present. Updated quarterly.
- Developed by the American Anthropological Association (AAA), AnthroSource brings anthropological material online to scholars and the public.
- Art Full Text
- Variety of international English-language arts publications. Indexing from 1984 to present, abstracting from 1994 to present. Link will launch OmniFile Full Text Mega. Choose database from Subject Area.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies (BAS)
- The online version of the Bibliography of Asian Studies (BAS), referencing principally western-language articles and book chapters on all parts of Asia. Coverage extends back to 1971.
- Historical Abstracts
- Comprehensive international historical coverage (excluding the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the
present. Covers abstracts from 1955 to the present.
- Humanities Full Text
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering classical studies, history, literature, performing arts, philosophy, and related fields. Covers 1984 to the present.
A collection of full-text articles from over 1500 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years. Select Advanced Search to strategically search amongst 45 disciplines. Choose PDF from within JStor to properly view and print articles. For convenience, JStor can be added to Facebook.
- Music Literature (RILM)
- Over 200,000 citations on international music describing books, articles, and dissertations. Produced by the Repertoire Internationale de Litterature Musicale. Covers 1967 to the present.
- PAIS International and
- International coverage of information about political, economic and social issues and events in
specific countries. Covers 1972 to the present and 1915-1976 in the Archive.
- Project Muse
- Searchable access to scholarly journals in the arts and humanities, social sciences, sciences and mathematics.
- Religion Index (ATLA)
- Comprehensive database in religious and theological scholarship. Includes index citations, journal articles, essays in multi-author works, and book reviews from ATLA's print indexes: Religion Index One (RIO), Religion Index Two (RIT), and Index to Book Reviews in Religion (IBRR). Covers from 1949 to the present.
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Includes both Abstracts and Full Text Articles. Covers 1983 to the present.
- Sociological Abstracts
- Full version comprehensive database of over 1500 journals covering sociology, social work,
and other social sciences. Covers 1963 to the present.
- Web of Science (ISI)
- The Institute of Scientific Information's premier citation databases in the sciences (physical, life and social) and arts & humanities. Search for articles that cite a known author or work or by standard search queries. Covers 1965 to the present.
JOURNALS, MAGAZINES & NEWSPAPERS & MAGAZINES @ F&M AND INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL)
To determine whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal, use Journal Finder on the Library's web site. If the library does not have a journal you need,
and you have at least 1 week to 10 days before your assignment is due, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan: request journal articles &
books request to have the journal article acquired for you by the library. Allow 3-7 days for the article to arrive.
ADDITIONAL RESEARCH ASSISTANCE
Email or call Pamela Snelson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-291-3896, or ASK US!
Last updated: 2/3/11 ps/jb