ANT/WGS 175: Invisible Worlds
Use reference sources to get ideas for topics, to get background
information, and to guide you to additional information.
- The Encyclopedia of Ghosts and Spirits
- SCI REF BF1461 .G85 1992
- Greenwood Encyclopedia of World Folklore and Folklife
- REF GR35 .G75 2005
- Greenwood Encyclopedia of Folktales and Fairy Tales
- REF GR74 .G73 2008
- Dictionary of Fairies
- REF GR549 .B74 2003
- Great Encyclopedia of Faeries
- REF GR549 .D82819 2000
- Spirits, Fairies, Gnomes, and Goblins : An Encyclopedia of the Little People
- REF GR549 .R65 1996
- Mythical and Fabulous Creatures : A Source Book and Research Guide
- REF GR825 .M87 1987
- Encyclopaedia of Islam
- Oxford Reference Online
- The largest, most up-to-date, authoritative, and accessible reference work in the world.
Search in Mythology & Folklore section.
F&M LIBRARY CATALOG & E-Z BORROW: BOOKS
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals, newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
[Requires your F&M ID barcode number.]
A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get the book quickly!
INDEXES & ARTICLE COLLECTIONS
- ATLA Religion Index
- Comprehensive database in religious and theological scholarship. Covers from 1949 to the
- America: History and Life
- Comprehensive bibliography of articles on the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to present.
Covers abstracts 1964 to the present.
- Anthropology Plus
- This resource is the combination of Anthropology Index and Anthropological Literature. Provides extensive worldwide indexing of journal articles, reports, commentaries,
edited works, and obituaries in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary studies.
Covers over 2500 journals, 19th century to the present. Updated quarterly.
- Developed by the American Anthropological Association (AAA), AnthroSource brings anthropological material online to scholars and the public.
- Historical Abstracts
- Comprehensive international historical coverage (excluding the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Covers abstracts from 1955 to the present.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years.
- Connections to newspaper articles, business information, and legal resources.
- MLA Bibliography
- The Modern Language Association's index of literature, languages, and folklore. Covers 1963
to the present.
- Readers' Guide Full Text
- Indexes over 200 popular U.S. general interest periodicals. Covers 1983 to the
- Readers' Guide Retrospective
- Comprehensive indexing of 500 of the most popular general-interest periodicals published in the United States and reflects the history of 20th century America. The complete database covers the years 1890 through 1982.
- Sociological Abstracts
- Full version comprehensive database of over 1500 journals covering sociology, social work, and
other social sciences. Covers 1963 to the present.
- Wilson Select Plus
- Provides indexed and abstracted records with accompanying full-text periodical articles, many of which are linked to citations in other FirstSearch databases.
JOURNALS, MAGAZINES & NEWSPAPERS AND INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL)
whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal,
use the Journals feature
on the Library's web site.
If the library does not have a journal you need,
you have at least 1 week - 10 days before your assignment
an Interlibrary Loan: request journal articles & books (ILL) request
for you by
days for the article to arrive.
VISUAL RESOURCES COLLECTION: IMAGES
To find images, use the Visual Resources Website to locate images held locally, and/or on the web.
If you have any questions, concerns, research anxiety, etc., contact:
291-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 11/09 jb