ANT 172: Pyramids, Plazas, and Palaces
- Encyclopedia of Historical Archaeology
- REF CC77.H5 E53 2002
- Encyclopedia of Archaeology: History and Discoveries
- REF CC100 .E54 2001 V.1-3
- An Encyclopedia of the History of Classical Archaeology
- REF DE5 .E5 1995 V.1-2
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Native American Mounds & Earthworks
- REF E77.9 .L58 2009
- Archaeology in America: an Encyclopedia
- REF E159.5 .A68 2009 V.1-4
- Archaeology of Ancient Mexico and Central America: an Encyclopedia
- REF F1218.6 .A73 2001
- An Archaeological Guide to Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula
- REF F1435 .K45 1993
- Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology
- REF GN25 .C65 1994
- The Routledge Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology
- REF GN307 .R68 2010
- Art and architecture of the World's Religions
- REF N7790 .R67 2009 V.1-2
- Encyclopedia of Architecture: Design, Engineering & Construction
- REF NA31 .E59 1988 V.1-5
- A Global History of Architecture
- REF NA200 .C493 2011
- Encyclopaedia of World Architecture
- REF NA202 .S76 V.1-2
- The Encyclopedia of Ancient Egyptian Architecture
- REF NA215 .A7513 2003
- Encyclopedia of Anthropology
- Oxford Art Online
F&M Library Catalog and E-Z Borrow
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals,
newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the library owns.
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
To find a book, begin by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or research question and break it down into its key concepts,
which becomes the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks useful, click on a Subject Heading to
retrieve other items with similar content.
- The OCLC Online Union Catalog. Nearly 60 million records of many types of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries around the world. Updated daily.
- E-Z BORROW
- A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania and neighboring
states. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get
the book quickly! (Requires your F&M ID barcode number.)
Indexes & Articles Collections
- America: History and Life
- Comprehensive bibliography of articles on the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to present. Covers abstracts 1964 to the present.
- Anthropology Plus
- This resource is the combination of Anthropology Index and Anthropological Literature. Provides extensive worldwide indexing of journal articles, reports, commentaries, edited works, and obituaries in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary studies. Covers over 2500 journals, 19th century to the present. Updated quarterly.
- Developed by the American Anthropological Association (AAA), AnthroSource brings anthropological material online to scholars and the public.
- Art Full Text
- Variety of international English-language arts publications. Indexing from 1984 to present, abstracting from 1994 to present. Link will launch OmniFile Full Text Mega.
Choose database from Subject Area.
- Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
- This database offers a comprehensive listing of journal articles on architecture and design, including bibliographic descriptions on subjects such as the history
and practice of architecture, landscape architecture, city planning, historic preservation, and interior design and decoration. Covers 1934 to the present.
- eHRAF World Cultures
- A collection of ethnographic texts arranged by culture and subject. Currently contains over 90 cultures. Updated yearly.
- Historical Abstracts
- Comprehensive international historical coverage (excluding the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present. Covers abstracts from 1955 to the present.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years.
- Social Science FT
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Covers 1983 to the present.
Journals, Magazines & Newspapers @ F&M and Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
To determine whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal, use the Journal Finder
tab on the Library's web site. If the library does not have a journal you need, and you have at least 1 week to 10 days before your assignment
is due, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan request to have the journal
article acquired for you by the library. Allow 3-7 days for the article to arrive.
If you have any questions, would like further assistance, etc, contact:
- Pam Snelson,
- 291-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 09/11 ps/jb