ANT 100: Social Anthropology
- Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology
- REF GN25 .C65 1994
- Contemporary Youth Culture: An International Encyclopedia
- REF HQ796 .C8154 2006 vols 1-2
- Cultural Anthropology: A Guide to Reference and Information Sources
- REF GN42 .Z4 J33 2007
- Encyclopedia of Gender and Society
- REF HQ1115 .E54 2009 vols 1-2
- Girl Culture: An Encyclopedia
- REF Q798 .G523 2008 vols 1-2
- Material Culture in America: Understanding Everyday Life
- REF GN560 .U6 M37 2008
- The Routledge Encyclopedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology
- REF GN307 .R68 2010
- Encyclopedia of Anthropology
F&M Library Catalog and E-Z Borrow
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals,
newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the library owns.
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
To find a book, begin by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or research question and break it down into its key concepts,
which becomes the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks useful, click on a Subject Heading to
retrieve other items with similar content.
- The OCLC Online Union Catalog. Nearly 60 million records of many types of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries around the world. Updated daily.
- E-Z BORROW
- A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania and neighboring
states. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get
the book quickly! (Requires your F&M ID barcode number.)
Indexes & Articles Collections
- America: History and Life
- Comprehensive bibliography of articles on the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to present. Covers abstracts 1964 to the present.
- Anthropology Plus
- This resource is the combination of Anthropology Index and Anthropological Literature. Provides extensive worldwide indexing of journal articles, reports, commentaries, edited works, and obituaries in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary studies. Covers over 2500 journals, 19th century to the present. Updated quarterly.
- Developed by the American Anthropological Association (AAA), AnthroSource brings anthropological material online to scholars and the public.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years.
- Project Muse
- Searchable access to scholarly journals in the arts and humanities, social sciences, sciences and mathematics.
- Social Science FT
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Covers 1983 to the present.
- Sociological Abstracts
- Full version comprehensive database of over 1500 journals covering sociology, social work, and other social sciences. Covers 1963 to the present.
Journals, Magazines & Newspapers @ F&M and Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
To determine whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal, use the Journal Finder
tab on the Library's web site. If the library does not have a journal you need, and you have at least 1 week to 10 days before your assignment
is due, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan: request journal articles & books request to have the journal
article acquired for you by the library. Allow 3-7 days for the article to arrive.
If you have any questions, would like further assistance, etc, contact:
- Pam Snelson,
- 291-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 9/20/13 ps/jb