AMS 375: U.S./Middle East Relations
- The Contemporary Middle East: A Documentary History
- Ref DS 42 .F44 2008 1160 .E53 2005
- Encyclopedia of the Modern Middle East & North Africa, 2nd Ed. 4 vols.
- Ref DS 43 .E53 2004
- The Middle East: A Guide to Politics, Economics, Society, and Culture 2 vols.
- Ref DS 44 .M497 2012
- The Middle East and North Africa 2012
- Ref DS 49 .M5 2012
- Encyclopedia of Middle East Wars: The United States in the Persian Gulf,
Afghanistan, and the Iraq Conflicts 5 vols. (Vol. 5 contains documents)
- Ref DS 63.1 .E453 2010
- Historical Dictionary of United States - Middle East Relations
- Ref DS 63.2 .U5 H3472 2007
- Encyclopedia of the Persian Gulf War
- Ref DS 79.72 .S39 1998
- Encyclopedia of the Arab-Israeli Conflict: A Political, Social, and Military History 4 vols.
- Ref DS 119.7 .E5653 2008
- Encyclopedia of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict 3 vols.
- Ref DS 119.7 .E568 2010
- Chronological History of U. S. Foreign Relations, 2nd Ed. 3 vols.
- Ref E 183.7 .B745 2002
- Encyclopedia of American Foreign Policy, 2nd Ed. 3 vols.
- Ref E 183.7 .E52 2002
- Encyclopedia of International Relations and Global Politics
- Ref Balcony JZ 1160 .E53 2005
- Greenwood Encyclopedia of International Relations (4 vols.)
- Ref Balcony JZ 1160 .N65 2002
- Encyclopedia of the United Nations and International Agreements, 3rd Ed. (4 vols.)
- Ref Balcony KZ 4968 .O84 2003
Indexes and Abstracts
America: History and Life
Comprehensive bibliography of articles on the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to present. Covers abstracts 1964 to the present.
Social Sciences Full Text
Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, psychology, social
work, sociology, and related fields. Covers 1983 to the present.
Index to policy-oriented literature (books, journal articles and U.S. and foreign government
documents). International coverage of information about political, economic and social issues and
events in specific countries. Covers 1972 to the present.
Connections to full-text newspaper articles from all states(including New York Times and Washington Post), and major
world news sources. Many publications can be searched back to the early 1980s.
CIAO (Columbia International Affairs Online)
A comprehensive source for theory and research in international affairs. It publishes a wide range of
scholarship from 1991 onward that includes working papers from university research institutes,
occasional papers series from NGOs, foundation-funded research projects, proceedings from conferences,
books, journals and policy briefs.
Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
An index of all federal government publications from 1976 to the present.
A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years.
- U.S. State Department
- Foreign Relations of the United States
- JX 233 .A3 (main stacks)
Published by the U. S. State Department, this series contains declassified memos and reports to and from U.S.
embassies and other official documents. 1861 to 1976 (and growing)
- Foreign Relations of the United States - online
- Foreign Relations of the United States - University of Wisconsin Digitized collection
This collection covers the volumes from 1861 to 1960.
- PUBLIC PAPERS OF THE PRESIDENTS
- U.S. Docs GS 4.113: (1929-1931; 1945-1983)
U.S. Docs AE 2.114: (1984 - present)
Also available online (see below)
An annual compilation of all presidential documents, including speeches, interviews, and press
COMPILATION OF PRESIDENTIAL DOCUMENTS
Online access to all Presidential speeches, remarks, interviews, and documents, from 1993 to the present. Updates occur as items are released from the White House press office.
PUBLIC PAPERS OF THE PRESIDENTS
Covers 1991 to 2006, from GPO Access. The Public Papers can also be searched, but not browsed, in FDSys.
PUBLIC PAPERS OF THE PRESIDENTS
Covers 1929 to 2001; from the University of Michigan.
Links to the official libraries of modern U. S. presidents, Hoover through George W. Bush The libraries contain official documents,
artifacts, and audio-visual materials (such as campaign debates and advertisements).
American Presidency Project
This is an archival collection held at the University of California, Santa Barbara, and contains over 99,000 documents related to the study of the Presidency.
Much of this material has been digitized.
Congressional Committee Hearings
U.S. Doc. Y4 ....
Printed transcripts of hearings before House and Senate committees on a variety of topics.
Recent hearings are also available online through FDSys.
U.S. Doc. X/A ....(1921 - present in paper; 1873-1921 on microfilm
Daily transcripts of speeches and remarks delivered on the floor of the House and Senate.
The CR is also available online, from 1994 to the present, through FDSys.
- National Security Archive (George Washington University)
- United Nations
Last updated: 9/17/13 tk,
contact Tom Karel for assistance, 291-3845