PHI 273 - Environmental Philosophy
F&M Library Catalog
catalog to find out what books, journals, newspapers, videos, maps, CDs,
music, etc., the library owns. NOTE: There are no
journal articles in the catalog!
To find a book, begin
by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or
research question and break it down into its key concepts, which becomes
the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks
useful, click on a Subject Heading to retrieve other items with similar
- Full access to more than 7100 articles, 115,000 definitions, 2,000
biographies, and research advances in science and technology. Updated
- Encyclopedia of Biodiversity
- Sci Ref QH 541.15 .B56 E53 2001
Covers plant and animal
diversity, loss, change and range ecology.
- Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Online and at Ref/B51/.R68/1998
This ten volume set begun
in 1991 serves as an update to the Encyclopedia of Philosophy. An
extensive subject index with ample cross references, this set is
invaluable for obtaining and overview of major philosophical areas of
research. Contains bibliographies.
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
Designed from its inception as a dynamic reference work. Each entry is
maintained and kept up to date by an expert or group of experts in the
field. All entries and updates are refereed by the members of an
editorial board before they are made public.
- Annual Review of Environment and Resources
Useful source for gaining background knowledge, learning about
historical developments of a concept nd become familiar with major
researchers in an area. Extensive bibliographies are particularly
helpful. Use both subject and chapter title indexes. SCI TJ163.2 .A55
Indexes & Article Collections
- Academic Universe/Lexis-Nexis
- Connections to newspaper articles (including New York Times and
Washington Post), business information (including SEC filings), and
legal resources (including state and federal case law).
- Over 3.6 million records covering every major agricultural subject.
Compiled by the National Agricultural Library of the U.S. Department of
Agriculture. Covers 1970 to the present.
- Comprehensive, international, partially annotated bibliography of
economics literature. Indexes over 300 journals as well as books,
dissertations, working papers, and collective volumes. Covers 1969 to
- General Science Full Text
- Journals and magazines from the U.S. and Great Britain, covering
all major scientific fields. Indexing from 1984 to present, abstracting
from 1993 to present.
- GPO Monthly Catalog
- Over 380,000 records on all subjects of interest to the U.S.
government. Covers July 1976 to the present.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 600 scholarly
journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5
- OmniFile Full Text Mega
- Access to full text articles, page images, article abstracts, and
citations from thousands of sources. Coverage back as early as 1982.
- PAIS (Public Affairs Information Service)
- Index to policy-oriented literature (books, journal articles and
U.S. and foreign government documents). International coverage of
information about political, economic and social issues and events in
specific countries. Covers 1972 to the present.
- Philosopher's Index
- The comprehensive scholarly database covering book and journals
since 1940 in philosophy. It is a major source of information in such
areas as anesthetics, epistmology, ethics, logic, etc.
- Web of Knowledge (ISI)
- The Institute of Scientific Information's premier citation
databases in the physical, life, and social sciences. Search for
articles that cite a known author or work or by standard search queries.
Electronic version of Science Citation Index. Covers 1965 to the
Last updated: 11/9/09 sv, contact Scott Vine for assistance.