Email or text us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll answer ASAP.
Archives & Special Collections can be reached at email@example.com.
Chat With Us
Ask us a question using the chat window to the right. Online hours:
SUN - THURS 11am-5pm & 7pm-2am
Frequently Asked of Us
Check our FAQ for answers to popular questions.
Visit or Call Us
Stop by the Ask Me desk at Shadek or the Circulation desk at Martin, or call at:
Shadek-Fackenthal (717) 291-4217
Meet With Us
Students can meet with a librarian for one-on-one, expert research assistance.
Grad Schools & Jobs
Students can consult with a librarian to research prospective employers and explore graduate school opportunities.
BIO375 Plant Sexual Diversity
Indexes & Article Collections
A. Search Engines/Portals
B. Criteria to consider when evaluating Web sites:
2. Objectivity: Why was the site created? Is the information presented with a minimum of bias? Is the site meant to persuade the reader?
3. Content: What is presented? Is the content focused, or does it stray all over the place? Is the site appropriate for research/scholarly purposes? Is the design of the site more important than the content?
4. Accuracy: Does the site feature a list of sources, or bibliography, or links to other similar sites? Are other authorities cited?
5. Currency: Is the web site current? Is it currently being maintained? Is there indication of when it was last updated anywhere on the page?
* TIP: When using a web site for research, print a copy of the first page for verification. Web sites come and go easily!
Last updated: 9/12/09 dr, contact Ask Us for assistance, 291-4217