Phy171: Quark to Quasars
F&M Library Catalog
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals, newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the library owns.
To find a book, begin by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or research question and break it down into its key concepts, which becomes the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks useful, click on a Subject Heading to retrieve other items with similar content.
Indexes, Abstracts & Full-Text Databases
Dictionaries, Encyclopedias & Handbooks
Full-Text JournalsThe Library may not subscribe to all journal volumes found at these links. Please check Journals @ F&M for complete holdings information.
Where is it? Science Library locations
A. Search Engines/Portals
B. Criteria to consider when evaluating Web sites:
2. Objectivity: Why was the site created? Is the information presented with a minimum of bias? Is the site meant to persuade the reader?
3. Content: What is presented? Is the content focused, or does it stray all over the place? Is the site appropriate for research/scholarly purposes? Is the design of the site more important than the content?
4. Accuracy: Does the site feature a list of sources, or bibliography, or links to other similar sites? Are other authorities cited?
5. Currency: Is the web site current? Is it currently being maintained? Is there indication of when it was last updated anywhere on the page?
* TIP: When using a web site for research, print a copy of the first page for verification. Web sites come and go easily!
Have you tried...
Last updated:9/14/09 dr, contact Dale Riordan for assistance, 291-3843