HIS/WGS 171: War and Gender in Modern Europe
- The New Cambridge Modern History
- REF D208 .N4 1960s
- Dictionary of 20th Century European History
- REF D424 .T685 1999
- Europe since 1945: An Encyclopedia
- REF D1058 .E8754 2001
- Encyclopedia of European Social History from 1350 to 2000
- REF HN373 .E63 2001
- Women in World History
- REF HQ1115 .W6 1999
SPECIALIZED REFERENCE SOURCES
- World War I : Encyclopedia
- REF D510 .E53 2005
- Encyclopedia of World War II
- REF D740 .E516 2005
- The Columbia Guide to the Holocaust
- REF D804.3 .N54 2000
- The Cold War Encyclopedia
- REF D840 .P28 1996
- Historical Dictionary of World War II France
- REF DC397 .H58 1998
- Historical Dictionary of Germany
- REF DD84 .T48 1994
- The Encyclopedia of the Third Reich
- REF DD256.5 .G76313 1991
- Historical Dictionary of Fascist Italy
- REF DG571.A1 H57 1982
- Historical Dictionary of Russia
- REF DK36 .R39 1997
- Historical Dictionary of Spain
- REF DP12 .S59 1996
- Men and Masculinities
- REF HQ1090.3 .M436 2004
- Historical Encyclopedia of Nursing
- Martin Library REF RT31 .S66 1999
- Women and War
- REF U24 .W69 2006
- Historical Dictionary of International Intelligence
- REF UB250 .W48 2006
F&M LIBRARY CATALOG and E-Z BORROW
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals,
newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the library owns.
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
To find a book, begin by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or research question and break it down into its key concepts,
which becomes the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks useful, click on a Subject Heading to
retrieve other items with similar content.
- Features nearly 60 million records of many types of material cataloged by libraries around the world.
- E-Z BORROW:
- A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania and neighboring
states. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get
the book quickly! (Requires your F&M ID barcode number.)
Indexes and Article Collections
- Contemporary Women's Issues
- International information on women from disciplines such as sociology, psychology, health, education, and human rights.
- Historical Abstracts
- Comprehensive international historical coverage (excluding the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the present.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years.
- New York Times
- The New York Times (Sep 18, 1851 - Dec 31, 2004, full-text) offers full page and article images with searchable full text back to the first issue.
- Project Muse
- Searchable access to scholarly journals in the arts and humanities, social sciences, sciences and mathematics.
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields.
- Sociological Abstracts
- Full version comprehensive database of over 1500 journals covering sociology, social work, and other social sciences.
Journals, Magazines & Newspapers @ F&M and Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
To determine whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal, use the JOURNALS: search our catalog of print and online journals
on the Library's web site. If the library does not have a journal you need, and you have at least 1 week to 10 days before your assignment
is due, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan: request journal articles & books request to have the journal
article acquired for you by the library. Allow 3-7 days for the article to arrive.
If you have any questions, would like further assistance, etc, contact:
Lisa Stillwell, Information Literacy Librarian,
291-3844 or email@example.com
updated: 9/28/07 ls/jb