ANT 269: Cultures of East Asia
Use reference sources to get ideas for topics, to get background information, and to guide you to
- The New Cambridge Handbook of Contemporary China
- REF DS706 .M24 2001
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Chinese Culture
- REF DS779.23 .E5 2005
- Japan Encyclopedia
- REF DS821 .F73 2002
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Japanese Culture
- REF DS822.5 .E516 2002
- The Koreas : A Global Studies Handbook
- REF DS902 .C65 2002
F&M LIBRARY CATALOG and E-Z BORROW
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals,
newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the library owns.
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
To find a book, begin by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or research question and break it down into its key concepts,
which becomes the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks useful, click on a Subject Heading to
retrieve other items with similar content.
The OCLC Online Union Catalog. Nearly 60 million records of many types of material cataloged by OCLC member libraries around the world.
A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania and neighboring
states. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get
the book quickly! (Requires your F&M ID barcode number.)
Indexes and Article Collections
Available from the Library web page under Articles: access an A to Z List of our databases. Browse the entire list
to find databases relevant to your particular topic. The databases listed below are most likely to
- Provides extensive worldwide indexing in the fields of social, cultural, physical, biological, and
linguistic anthropology, ethnology, archaeology, folklore, material culture, and interdisciplinary
studies. Covers over 2500 journals, 19th century to the present.
- Developed by the American Anthropological Association (AAA), AnthroSource brings anthropological material online to scholars and the public.
- Art Full Text
- Variety of international English-language arts publications. Indexing from 1984 to present, abstracting from 1994 to present. Link will launch OmniFile Full Text Mega. Choose database from Subject Area.
Bibliography of Asian Studies (BAS)
- The online version of the Bibliography of Asian Studies (BAS), referencing principally western-language articles and book chapters on all parts of Asia. Coverage extends back to 1971.
- Comprehensive international historical coverage (excluding the U.S. and Canada) from 1450 to the
present. Covers abstracts from 1954 to the present.
- Humanities Full Text
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering classical studies, history, literature, performing arts, philosophy, and related fields. Covers 1984 to the present.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years. Choose PRINT from within JStor to print articles at proper margin settings. You may need to go to SET PREFERENCES to select desired Printing preferences. Choose PDF: Economy. Call the Reference Desk (x4217) or Ask Andy for assistance.
- Music Literature (RILM)
- Over 200,000 citations on international music describing books, articles, and dissertations. Produced by the Repertoire Internationale de Litterature Musicale. Covers 1967 to the present.
PAIS International and
- International coverage of information about political, economic and social issues and events in
specific countries. Covers 1972 to the present and 1915-1976 in the Archive.
- Project Muse
- Searchable access to scholarly journals in the arts and humanities, social sciences, sciences and mathematics.
- Religion Index (ATLA)
- Comprehensive database in religious and theological scholarship. Covers from 1949 to the
- Social Sciences Full Text
- Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics, psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Covers 1983 to the present.
- Sociological Abstracts
- Full version comprehensive database of over 1500 journals covering sociology, social work,
and other social sciences. Covers 1963 to the present.
Journals, Magazines & Newspapers @ F&M and Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
To determine whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal, use the JOURNALS: search our catalog of print and online journals
on the Library's web site. If the library does not have a journal you need, and you have at least 1 week to 10 days before your assignment
is due, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan: request journal articles & books request to have the journal
article acquired for you by the library. Allow 3-7 days for the article to arrive.
If you have any questions, would like further assistance, etc, contact:
Lisa Stillwell, Information Literacy Librarian,
291-3844 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 9/19/07 jb/ls