AMS 100: Introduction to American Studies
- American Eras
- REF E 169.1 .A4719
- American Decades: Primary Sources
- REF E 169.1 .A471977 2004
- Encyclopedia of American Cultural & Intellectual History
- REF E 169.1 .E624 2001
- Encyclopedia of American Studies
- REF E 169.1 .E625 2001
- Encyclopedia of the United States in the Nineteenth Century
- REF E 169.1 .E626 2001
- Dictionary of American history 3rd ed.
- REF E174 .D52 2003 2003
- Encyclopedia of New York City
- REF F 128.3 .E75 1995
- Historical statistics of the United States : colonial times to 1970 Bicentennial ed.
- REF HA202 .B87 1976 1976
- Historical statistics of the United States : earliest times to the present Millennial ed.
- REF HA202 .H57 2006 2006
- Historical statistics of the states of the United States : two centuries of the census, 1790-1990
- REF HA214 .D63 1993 1993
F&M LIBRARY CATALOG and E-Z BORROW
Search the catalog to find out what books, journals,
newspapers, videos, maps, CDs, music, etc., the library owns.
NOTE: There are no journal articles in the catalog!
To find a book, begin by conducting a Keyword search our your topic. Analyze your topic or research question and break it down into its key concepts,
which becomes the Keyword search. Once you have found a record for an item that looks useful, click on a Subject Heading to
retrieve other items with similar content.
- Features nearly 60 million records of many types of material cataloged by libraries around the world.
- E-Z BORROW:
- A free book-exchange service among academic libraries in Pennsylvania and neighboring
states. If F&M's copy of a book you want is unavailable, try E-Z Borrow to get
the book quickly! (Requires your F&M ID barcode number.)
INDEXES & ARTICLE COLLECTIONS
- Accessible Archives
- Primary source material from 18th and 19th century periodicals. Includes Godey's Ladies Book (1830-80), Pennsylvania Gazette (1728-1800), Civil War: A Newspaper Perspective (1860-1865), African American Newspapers: The 19th Century.
- America: History and Life
- Comprehensive bibliography of articles on the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to present.
- American Broadsides and Ephemera, Series 1
- Fully searchable facsimile images of approximately 15,000 broadsides (political materials) printed between 1820 and 1900 and 15,000 pieces of ephemera printed between 1760 and 1900. Ephemera includes: government proclamations, tax bills, town meeting reports, autobiographies, dying confessions of convicted criminals, theater playbills, sheet almanacs, advertisements, patriotic and popular songs and poems.
- American National Biography
- Includes more than 17,400 men and women whose lives have shaped the nation.
- Early American Newspapers, Series I, 1690-1876
Early American Newspapers, Series II, 1758-1900
- Fully searchable, cover-to-cover reproductions of more than one million pages from more than 650 historical American newspapers, focusing on titles published in the 18th century.
- HarpWeek: the Civil War Era 1857-77
- Access to Harper's Weekly during the Civil War and Reconstruction eras. Provides both text and image searching capabilities.
- A collection of abstracts and articles from over 100 scholarly journals, many dating from the nineteenth-century to the last 4 or 5 years.
- Nineteenth Century Masterfile
- A reference service covering the Nineteenth Century, providing indexes to major indexing and information sources of that period. Contains full indexing of the New York Times from 1863 to 1905.
- New York Times (Archive)
- The New York Times (Sep 18, 1851 - Dec 31, 2004, full-text) offers full page and article images with searchable full text back to the first issue. The collection includes digital reproductions providing access to every page from every available issue.
JOURNALS, MAGAZINES & NEWSPAPERS @ F&M PLUS INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL)
To determine whether or not the F&M Library owns a journal, use the JOURNALS: search our catalog of print and online journals
on the Library's web site. If the library does not have a journal you need, and you have at least 1 week to 10 days before your assignment
is due, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan: request journal articles & books request to have the journal
article acquired for you by the library. Allow 3-7 days for the article to arrive.
If you have any questions, would like further assistance, etc, contact:
Lisa Stillwell, Information Literacy Librarian,
291-3844 or firstname.lastname@example.org
updated: 10/07 ls