SOC 480: The Sociology of Law
How to find background information
Use reference sources to get ideas for topics, to get background information, and to guide you
to additional information.
- Oxford companion to American law
- Ref Balcony KF156 .O94 2002
- Encyclopedia of American law
- Ref Balcony KF154 .E528 2002
- Historic U.S. court case: an encyclopedia
- Ref Balcony KF385 .Z9 H57 2001
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution
- Ref Balcony KF4548 .E53 2000
- Oxford guide to United States Supreme Court decisions
- Ref Balcony KF4548 .O97 1999
- Landmark Supreme Court cases: a reference guide
- Ref Balcony KF4549 .L58 1999
- West's encyclopedia of American law
- Ref Balcony KF154 .W47 1997 12 vols.
- Sexuality and the law: an encyclopedia of major legal cases
- Ref Balcony KF9325.A7 L46 1993
- Encyclopedia of world crime: criminal justice, criminology, and law enforcement
- Ref HV6017 .E54 1989 8 vols.
- Encyclopedia of gun control and gun rights
- Ref Balcony KF3941.A68 U88 2000
- The encyclopedia of Native American legal tradition
- Ref Balcony KF8204 .E53 1998
- Mass media and the Constitution: an encyclopedia of Supreme Court decisions
- Ref Balcony KF2750 .A59 H58 1989
How to find books
Select Library Catalog from the Library web page:
How to find journal and newspaper articles
Available from the Library web page under Journals & Databases. Browse the entire list to
find databases relevant to your particular topic. The databases listed below are most likely to
Indexing, abstracting, and some full-text of publications of the U.S. Congress. Covers 1970 to
Index to Legal Periodicals & Books
Indexes articles from 620 legal journals, yearbooks, institutes, bar association organs, law reviews,
and government publications originating in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, Australia, and
New Zealand. Includes book reviews. Covers August 1981 to the present.
Connections to newspaper articles, business information, and legal resources.
The APA's index of journals, books, dissertations, and reports on psychology and related fields.
Covers 1887 to the present.
Full version comprehensive database of over 1500 journals covering sociology, social work,
and other social sciences. Covers 1963 to the present.
How to get articles and books
Be THOROUGH in the information you provide. If you are unsure of any citation information,
please indicate in "Comments" field. Also, please include source of the citation whenever
possible. Allow two weeks for delivery, some items may arrive sooner.
- F&M journal holdings, print and online:
- Select List of Journal Titles box from the Library web page
- Interlibrary Loan for books and articles:
- Form available from Library web page
Last updated: 2/3/03 ag,
contact Pam Snelson for assistance, 291-3896