SOC 210: Class, Status & Power
United States Data
- Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970
- Ref. HA 202 .B87 1976
- Datapedia of the United States, 1790-2000
- Ref. HA 202 .K87 1994
- Statistical Abstract of the United States: The National Data Book
- Ref. HA 202 .U8 1999
(latest edition at the Reference Desk)
U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census; 1907 - 1998 are in the general book stacks
State and Local Data
- County And City Data Book 1994
- Ref. HA 202 .A36 1994U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census, a supplement to Statistical Abstract of the U.S.
- State And Metropolitan Area Data Book 1997-98
- Ref. HA 202 .A38 1997-98U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census
- Almanac Of The 50 States: Basic Data Profiles With Comparative Tables: 1998 ed.
- Ref. HA 203 .A5 1998
- Population of Pennsylvania Municipalities, 1960 to 1998
- Ref. HA 605 .P66 1999
Pennsylvania State Data Center
- 1999 Pennsylvania Abstract
- Ref. HA 607 .P4 1999Pennsylvania State Data Center
- 1990 Census Of Population And Housing
- U.S. Docs. Census Collection U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census
- Summary Population and Housing Characteristics
- Summary Social, Economic, and Housing Characteristics
Lancaster, PA census tract report is kept at the Reference Desk
- Current Population Reports
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186.....
U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of the Census
A variety of specialized studies and reports that supplement census data, divided into 3 major series:
Current Population Survey
P-20 Series - Population Characteristics
P-23 Series - Special Studies
P-60 Series - Consumer Income
Survey of Income and Program Participation
P-70 Series - Household Economic Studies
Population Estimates and Projections
P-25 Series - Population Estimates and Projections
P-26 Series - Local Population Estimates
Some Major Reports
- Money Income in the United States:1995
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186:P-60/193
- Household and Family Characteristics: March 1994
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186/17:994
- Marital Status and Living Arrangements: March 1994
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186/6:994
- Poverty in the United States:1993
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186/22:993
- The Hispanic Population in the United States
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186/14-2:
- Voting and Registration in the Election of Nov. 1994
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186/3-2:994
- School Enrollment: Social and Economic Characteristics
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186/12:
- Sixty-Five Plus in America
- U.S. Docs. C 3.186:P-23/178RV
- American Social Attitudes Data Sourcebook, 1947 - 1978
- Ref. HN 65 .A6819 1980
- The Gallup Poll: Public Opinion
- Ref. HN 90 .P8G3 volumes from 1935 to the present
- Statistical Handbook on the American Family, 2nd Ed.
- Ref. HQ 536 .S727 1999
- Statistical Record of Older Americans.
- Ref. HQ 1064 .U5S69 1994
- Statistical Handbook of Women In America, 2nd Ed.
- Ref. HQ 1420 .T34 1996
- Crime In The United States: Uniform Crime Reports 1997
- Ref. HV 6787 .A3 1997
U.S. Dept. of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Digest Of Education Statistics 1998
- Ref. L 11 .D54 1998 U.S. Dept. of Education
- Health: United States 1999
- Sci. Ref. RA 407.3 .U57 1999 (Martin Library of the Sciences)
U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health Statistics
Social Sciences Full Text
Indexes over 300 English-language periodicals covering anthropology, economics,
psychology, social work, sociology, and related fields. Covers 1983 to the present.
Index to policy-oriented literature (books, journal articles and U.S. and
foreign government documents). International coverage of information about political,
economic and social issues and events in specific countries. Covers 1972 to the present.
Readers' Guide Full Text
Indexes over 200 popular U.S. general interest periodicals. Covers 1983 to the present.
GPO Monthly Catalog
Over 380,000 records on all subjects of interest to the U.S. government.
Covers July 1976 to the present.
Access to statistical data from U.S. government agencies, private organizations,
and international sources. Covers 1973 to the present.
Connections to newspaper articles (including New York Times and Washington Post),
business information (including SEC filings), and legal resources (including state and federal
Last updated: 6/6/01 skm,
contact Tom Karel for assistance, 291-3845
- American Factfinder
Access to the latest population, housing, and economic data from the US Census Bureau.
- Yahoo - Reference - Statistics
Access to categories of web sites that provide statistical information.
- Yahoo - Social Science
A variety of web sites in the social science disciplines; some of these provide statistical data.
- Statistical Resources on the Web
A meta-index to statistical web sites arranged by broad subject category, compiled by the University
of Michigan Documents Center.
- United States Bureau of the Census
The official web page of the Census Bureau, with many related links.
- Current Population Survey
This site provides electronic access to the major publications of the Basic Monthly Survey,
as well as data from other surveys
Access to statistical reports from over 70 government agencies.
- United States Historical Census Data Browser
Contains social and economic data on the population from 1790-1970.