ASK A QUESTION
Workshops & Liaison Librarians
Workshops are for all course levels and may cover:
- effectively searching the catalog and scholarly databases
- evaluating information sources
- effective internet searching for scholarship
- citing information sources
- ethical use of intellectual property
Workshops enable students to be "information literate: able to recognize an information need, and to locate, access, evaluate, and use effectively, ethically, and legally, the needed information."
Librarians design workshops to fit specific course needs. We learn the objectives of the course, course content, materials covered, and course assignment(s), then teach to the course's research requirements.
We also offer support of digital assignments, including:
- Wikipedia Ambassador
- Digital storytelling
- and more
To schedule a Library Research Workshop, contact the liaison librarian for your department:
- Check our catalog before ordering.
- Provide as much order information (title, author, etc.) as possible.*
- Plan to order 4 to 6 weeks before needed (or longer, depending on availability).
*Please inform us if you are working with any vendor on a film festival or campus screening. By submitting the video form, you have acknowledged that you understand these limitations.
Questions may be directed to Molly Olney-Zide, Content Services Librarian (x3842).
To place items on reserve, bring the physical items to the main desk in either library with a completed Course Reserve Form (PDF). Please feel free to call x4410 if you have any questions.