Welcome to the F&M LibraryWe know you're probably not thinking about the Library or research yet...but when the time comes, we'll be here to assist you with all of your research needs.
What you need to know:
1. There are 2 library buildings on campus: Shadek-Fackenthal Library (not to be confused with Fackenthal laboratory) which holds humanities and social sciences materials (map), and the Martin Library of the Sciences that has life and physical science resources, including mathematics (map).
3. You will ALWAYS need your F&M ID card to check out materials from any library, and to use E-ZBorrow. When we refer to "your barcode number" we're talking about the 13-digit number on the back of your F&M ID card.
4. The Reserve desk --where you go to check out materials for a specific course-- is located in the main lobby in the Shadek-Fackenthal library, just past the Circulation Desk, which is on your left when you enter the building. The Martin Library's Reserve desk is the same as the Circulation Desk.
6. The gateway to all information resources in the Library is ... the Library homepage. (bookmark this page for all your future research needs!)
8. You can access all eDisk and Blackboard files at the Library. We also support limited free printing through GoPrint. All kind and thoughtful students print both sides of a page, and multiple Powerpoint slides per page whenever possible!
9. Food is not permitted in the library - destructive bugs enjoy chips and pizza as much as you do! Covered beverages are permitted, so feel free to bring along that caffeine fix you just purchased at Jazzman's, as long as it has a cover on it.
10. And, always remember, we're here to help, in a zillion different ways. Don't let this happen to you!